Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthday Parties

Hannah turned 8 while we were in Utah over the summer, so when we got back, we had her birthday party.  She decided she wanted to have a Webkinz party, so that was the theme.  We had a lot of fun games and prizes all relating to the whole world of Webkinz.  There were 12 girls there and I think they all had a lot of fun.  The best part was that my awesome friend, Sara, who is a rock star at decorating cakes, took Hannah's Webkinz manatee and made a cake to look just like it.  It was a huge hit and an amazing work of art!  Here are some pictures.








Fast forward two weeks later, different set of 12 girls (was I crazy?!) and a tea party for 6-year-olds.  I spent so much time looking for perfect plastic tea cups for Emily's party along with some other specific accessories and just couldn't find them.  The kids didn't care, though.  We did some simple crafts, had the girls get the pictures taken in their fancy clothes, ate fancy tea party food, and played a game or two.  They had a great time and I was totally RELIEVED when it was over.  I told the girls in a moment of frustration that I was never throwing them another birthday party again!  Well, we'll see, but for sure we'll keep it more simple with fewer kids and maybe even go out somewhere so I don't have to do all the work!  :)




Yes, I made the teapot cake.  It was actually really easy and fun to do.



The guests, ready for their tea party to start.



Andrew wanting to get in on the dress-up fun.  Love the Belle / clown / Dr. theme.



And last but not least, Emily getting breakfast in bed the next day on her actual birthday.

1 comment:

Debi said...

Wow, you are the total blogging queen this week! Love it - way cute tea pot cake, you did a great job and yes, I love Andrew playing dress up I'm glad it's not only at my house that the only boy gets dressed in his sisters dress up stuff ; )