Hmmm.... smiling? Must have been in between contractions
At about 9:15, I started timing the contractions because they were getting really bad. To my surprise, they were between 2 and 5 minutes apart and they were long and very painful! We called the hospital and then went on in and got there at about 10:15. They put me in an "observation room" while the only available labor and delivery room was being cleaned. I was already dilated to a 6 and said I wanted an epidural ASAP! Unfortunately, since things were moving so fast, they weren't able to give me one. To say I wanted to hurt someone would be an understatement! None of my other labors have been nearly as painful as this one, even though they were much longer. They finally got me into a room around 11:00 (with a nurse that I wanted to strangle) and by then I'm afraid that the poor first time moms up and down the hallway could probably hear me screaming! Fortunately it didn't last too long and Tegan Elizabeth was born at 11:26 p.m. She weighed 7 lb. 12 oz. and was 21 inches long. What a little beauty.
Daddy's hand and Tegan's feet
At least I wasn't in labor all night this time like I was with all three others, so I was able to get some sleep. The next morning, Ruel brought the kids and Grandma Parent to visit at the hospital.
The proud big brother, Andrew
Emily & Tegan
Hannah & Tegan
Grandma, Emily & Tegan
Proud papa
Sweet little thing
All dressed up to go home
Mommy & Tegan - going home
Tegan is just over a week old now and she is doing so well. She's a great eater and of course is sleeping a lot - even does pretty well at night so far. She's very tolerant of her brother and sisters who like to hold her a lot and give her kisses. She is such a little doll and we just love having her here. We've been lucky to have lots of help so that Mommy can rest a lot when Tegan is resting. More to come soon!









7 comments:
So cute! I picked out a cute outfit to send you (size 6 months, knowing these Parent kids!)--I just need to package it up. Give her a kiss for us!
CONGRATULATIONS! I've been thinking about you and wondering about you having your baby! CUTE name! She's darling, like the rest of your kids! love and hugs
Good job, Janet!
Congrats Janet! She is beautiful. I am so, so, so sorry about your epidural. I can so empathize! I can't wait to hold her......
Congratulations! Brent and I are so happy for you guys. Glad she made it here safely (and quickly) and we can't wait to meet her. Finally, Ellie will have a girl cousin about her age!
I can't believe she's a month old already! Congrats again- I'm so glad you had a fast labor- although that's probably why it was so much more painful for you! You looked so cute "between contractions", and I NEVER would've suspected that you were 9 months along... Tiny prego girl.
Dude- I'm almost there... 1 week to go!
Congratulations! You two make beautiful babies!!!
Post a Comment