Thursday, January 22, 2009

Big girl

No, I haven't forgotten about this blog! Just haven't had much to write about recently, I guess. I thought I'd share some cute things about Emily, though. At Christmastime, she learned how to ride her bike without her training wheels and was so excited!


Then, last week, she realized that one of her bottom teeth was loose. She wiggled it quite a bit and had to come show us about every 5 minutes how wiggly it was. For some reason, I'm WAY too squeamish about stuff like that, so I don't wiggle the teeth too much and I definitely don't pull them out. So on Monday night, Emily decided to let Ruel try and pull it out since it was barely hanging on. He wanted to use some kind of tool or put floss around it and tie it to a doorknob and......you know the rest. I said a big "Heck no!" to either of those things.


Well, he tried a few times and she got a little nervous and said it hurt, so she went to bed and that was that. Well, the next day when I picked her up from kindergarten, she said, "Mommy, mommy, my tooth fell out at school!" She was so proud! She had it in a little Ziploc baggie in her backpack. She was even more thrilled the next morning to find that the Tooth Fairy had left her some $1 gold coins! Woohoo! Here's the little cutie showing off her new grin.


Hannah said to me later that day, "Emily is really growing up. She learned how to ride a two-wheeled bike before me and she lost a tooth before me." You go, girl! Second children seem to always get the shaft, so I'm happy for her! And now the poor little thing is sick, so no school for a few days. :( Let's just hope she doesn't pass it around to the rest of us!

1 comment:

Bunch of Brooks' said...

Glad to hear the tooth finally came out! I love kids with a "gap"!!! She's so big to be able to ride a bike with NO training wheels; we need to work with Makell on that one next!