We have really been enjoying being in our house and it was great to spend Christmas here. When we moved in, we finally took the side off of Andrew's crib. He only started figuring out how to get out of it a few months ago. I was worried that he would fall out without the side on, so we put pillows down next to the crib just in case. I went to check on him the first night, and this is what I found.........
How did he get way under there? No clue, but I thought it was too cute. He's doing fine now and loves his bed with the new "Thomas" pillow he got for Christmas.
Here are some other pictures of the kids on Christmas Day:
Andrew opening his new Wall-E movie
Girls opening presents from Aunt Karen

Girls opening jumpropes from Grandma
Emily thrilled to get her new underwater Webkinz

Ruel's sister, Kari, came and spent a week with us over Christmas and was a huge help. She volunteered to make all new throw pillows for my sofa and love seat, so we picked out material and she made them super fast and did a fabulous job. Here they are! LOVE THEM! Thanks, Kari!

And last but not least, for the Christmastime events, I've been trying to figure out my new ovens and what they do. I made a big turkey dinner the day after Christmas and was going to steam some vegetables in my Pampered Chef 1 quart plastic steamer that I use ALL THE TIME. So one of my ovens is actually an oven / convection oven / microwave. I had been reading about the special "speedcook" oven features and decided to try that for the vegetables. BIG MISTAKE. I need to remember that the oven feature is for things you would actually put in an oven and the microwave feature is for things you would put in a microwave. Well.......................lesson learned.

Looks like I'm in the market for a new steamer!
Hope everyone had a great holiday!!!
2 comments:
I love the photo of Andrew! What a sweetie. Is Emily wearing the Wal-Mart-$4-Black Friday deal-track suit? I got one for the 4 oldest kids, and Kaity has the pink one, too!
Love you all!
Thanks for letting us stop in last week. It was really fun to see you guys again. You're kids are super cute and growing up quickly. We gave Davis a short lecture on the kissing thing and then he told me he couldn't stop because he loved Emily soooo much! Well, he continued with this same behavior eventually again and so he had to right sentences about controlling his body and respecting others!!!! We'll see how long that lasts before his next victim!!j/k Take care and hopefully we can keep up with each others families better from now on!
Post a Comment