Sunday, May 31, 2009

March Birthdays

Ruel and Andrew both celebrated their birthdays in March. Unfortunately, Ruel's celebration and cake weren't quite as exciting as Andrew's. Something about turning 37 compared with turning 3. I don't know, 37 just isn't as big of deal for some reason! We don't want to forget about him, though, so here's a picture and in case you can't tell, the cupcakes (chocolate with raspberries) are in the form of a 37. Ooooooo, so creative!


So, if you really want to hear about being creative, you have to see Andrew's cake. I asked a friend of mine, Sara, who is awesome at decorating cakes if she would decorate a Wall-E cake for me. I was just going to buy the pan from Michael's, make the cake, and have her do the rest. She said she would be happy to, and then she called me back later and said she'd been thinking about it and would rather do a 3-D standing Wall-E and wondered if that would be okay. WHAT? Okay?? Yeah, I thought that would be okay. So, check out this awesome cake.


Amazing, isn't it? Andrew was absolutely thrilled when he saw it! Much to Sara's relief, when she walked in with it, he said, "It's Loll-E!" (that's what he calls him). Don't I have talented friends??? You might not be able to tell from the picture, but that was a TON of cake! We had family over that night, friends the next night (including Sara and her kids) and it still took a week to finish the rest off! YUM! Oh, and Sara had asked me if I would make a few pans of rice krispy treats so she could use them for parts of Wall-E, so I did. When we had friends over to help eat the cake and celebrate, one of them (I won't use any names!) was eating his and whispered to me, since Sara was there, that the cake was really good but the rice krispy treats were kind of stale. I busted up laughing and said, "Thanks! That's the only part I did!" I think he felt terrible but I thought it was hilarious. And now you know why I asked Sara to do the cake!


One last picture...........Andrew opening presents. What a big boy!



No comments: